Data relating to real estate for sale on this web page comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) of the Southern Missouri Regional MLS, LLC, Inc. Real estate listings held by Brokerage firms other than the website owner are marked with the IDX logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing Brokers. The information being provided is not guaranteed and should be verified by the consumer and is for consumers’ personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers wish to purchase. Any representation that a web site contains all listings shall only mean that the web site contain all listing available to the public through the IDX data feed and other available properties may not be displayed on this site. © 2016 Southern Missouri Regional MLS, LLC All rights reserved.
No images above? Click here to see all properties in this area.
The third largest city in Christian County, Sparta is a family-friendly town featuring a newly built city park, a variety of community events, and a school district large enough to offer a wide-variety of programs, but not so large that students get lost in the shuffle.
- Less than ten minutes to Ozark or just twenty minutes to SE Springfield
- The city hosts a variety of city-sponsored family-centered activities, such as the annual Christmas parade and Easter egg hunt
- Annual Persimmon Days festival draws crowds from all over southwest Missouri
- Sparta Sports League and Sparta High School host a variety of activities for adults and students, including sofball, little league baseball, mighty mights football, and basketball leagues.
- Newly constructed high school building
- Small school atmosphere
- City park
- Quality family restaurants include AJ’s Pizza, Mama’s Burgers, Ha’s Chinese Buffet, and Subway.
- Historic Abundance Cemetery features graves from the 1840s to 1890s, including the graves of David “Bullcreek” Walker and his son, William, Bald Knobbers hanged on the Ozark Square on May 10, 1889.
- Just minutes from the Oldfield Opry Country Music Show
More information is available at Sparta City Hall located at 131 North Ave, Sparta, MO 65753. The phone number is 417-634-3992.